[Haskell-cafe] How to Create Data Type of memory

Luke Palmer lrpalmer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 01:29:27 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Akshay Dave<akshay.v.dave at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>    I am stuck in converting the transition semantics in Haskell. Please let
> me know how to define memory data types in Haskell( like we define pointer
> in C). Prompt help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry, but I can't understand your question.  Do you want to
interface with C or another language using the FFI interface?  Or are
you asking about a feature of pure Haskell code?  If you're asking
about pure Haskell, I'm going to guess the answer is "you can't", or
use eg. IORef, MArray, for impure types.  (But I discourage their use)

If you give us more information about what problem you are trying to
solve, we can be of more help.

Luke