[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: vty- released

John Pybus john at pybus.org
Sat Sep 5 17:30:58 EDT 2009

Corey O'Connor <coreyoconnor <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Vty is a terminal UI library. Release brings a number of
> important fixes,
> features, and performance enhancements.

>       - added a "utf8_string" and "string" (AKA "iso_10464_string") for UTF-8
>         encoded Strings and ISO-10464 encoded Strings. String literals in GHC
>         have an ISO-10464 runtime representation.

Err, I haven't paid my 86 Francs to find out, but ISO-10464 appears to specify
testing regimes for gas cylinders -- a very worthy thing to do, but seemingly
unrelated to terminal output.

I suspect you mean ISO-10646, if so you might want to correct its appearance in
the API.

PS: Typos aside, I'm excited to see the progress in vty.  Thanks.