[Haskell-cafe] haskelldb + sqlite problem.

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 4 11:53:26 EDT 2009

    Magicloud> Hi, I am using haskelldb and
    Magicloud> haskelldb-hdbc-sqlite3. Well, I finally got the source
    Magicloud> compiled and ran, I got this error: App: user error
    Magicloud> (SQL error: SqlError {seState = "", seNativeError = 21,
    Magicloud> seErrorMsg = "prepare 74: SELECT subject,\n
    Magicloud> timestamp\nFROM notes as T1\nORDER BY timestamp DESC:
    Magicloud> library routine called out of sequence"}) Any clue what
    Magicloud> I should check?

Did you get this working? If so, what was the problem and how did you
go about resolving it.

I have the identical problem. I had the database code working fine,
but then I added a state monad into the monad stack for the program,
and now I get this problem.
I see that John Goerzen suggested it might be a result of reading the
data lazily.
So I tried changing my import statements from
import Control.Monad.State
import Control.Monad.State.Strict

in case the StateT was indirectly causing the problem, but that
doesn't make any difference.

Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire