[Haskell-cafe] Can GHC produce dylib on MacOSX/Intel?

Mark Wotton mwotton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:37:11 EDT 2009

On 02/09/2009, at 8:09 PM, Pavel Perikov wrote:

> Is it possible? Is it possible with binary distribution?

My understanding:

It was possible with ghc 6.8. It's not with 6.10. Duncan's managed to
get it going at some point on Linux (I assume) with GHC HEAD (http://blog.well-typed.com/2009/05/buildings-plugins-as-haskell-shared-libs/
). I haven't been able to replicate that on either Mac or Linux, but
getting HEAD working is always slightly iffy.

It does work with jhc rather nicely, but most libraries don't build
with jhc, sadly.

If anyone's got it going, I'd be really keen to know.

mark