[Haskell-cafe] Slow IO?

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 18:58:26 EDT 2009

  I've uploaded a new version of bytestring-nums that, while
  still slower than the fast/custom codes, allows Eugene's
  earlier program to a little more than 20% faster than it did
  before. It no longer handles spurious characters in the input
  by skipping over them (this is probably not a common
  requirement, anyways).

    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/bytestring-nums-0.3.0

  I suspect that splitting the string into pieces and then
  mapping the parser over the pieces will never be faster than
  an all-in-one parser/tester/incrementer like the fast programs
  have.

--
Jason Dusek