[Haskell-cafe] How to fulfill the "code-reuse" destiny of OOP?

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Sat Oct 31 21:57:18 EDT 2009

Tom Davie <tom.davie at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/31/09, Magicloud Magiclouds <magicloud.magiclouds at gmail.com> wrote:
>> After all, I never think OO as an oppsite way to all other things. The
>> idea is so general that if you say I cannot use it in Haskell at all,
>> that would make me feel weird. The only difference between languages
>> is, some are easy to be in OO style, some are not.
>
> Wow, someone drank the cool aid!

Doing OO-style programming in Haskell is difficult and unnatural, it's
true (although technically speaking it is possible). That said, nobody's
yet to present a convincing argument to me why Java gets a free pass for
lacking closures and typeclasses.

G.
--
Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>