[Haskell-cafe] GHC core packages: same core?

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:55:12 EDT 2009

On 10/13/09, Dimitry Golubovsky <golubovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Max,
>
>  Thanks for the explanation. So, the extcore library is expected to
>  match the spec in
>  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.10.4/html/ext-core/core.pdf and the
>  core itself can be produced with -fext-core, correct? I think it might
>  be interesting for people working on alternative backends (inlcuding
>  myself).

Hi Dimitry,

Sorry for the late reply, but the External Core produced by any
version of GHC newer than 6.10.4 should match the document you cite,
and if it doesn't, I'd like to know about; in that event, please file
a bug report or post to the glasgow-haskell-users list with me CCed.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"The higher you climb, the more you show your ass." -- Alexander Pope