[Haskell-cafe] wxMac/wxHaskell focus problem, a quick solution

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Thu Oct 29 19:40:05 EDT 2009

On Oct 29, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Iain Barnett wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2009, at 15:41, Gregory Crosswhite wrote:
>> You don't have to turn a program into an application in order to
>> make the GUI work
>>

> This is true, but I don't think it's better to import extra code
> where simple packaging (folders and a plist), which is actually very
> convenient, can do the job.

It depends on what you are doing.  I completely concur that in many
(and perhaps most) cases your script is ideal, especially when one is
packaging a program for distribution.  However, although your
packaging makes it easier to run the binary from the Finder, it makes
it less convenient to run it from the command line, and in cases where
for whatever reason you want to easily run it from the command line
(which I have run into in practice) the EnableGUI module is very
helpful.

Cheers,
Greg