[Haskell-cafe] A 3 line program. Preprocessor?

Philippos Apolinarius phi500ac at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 27 10:57:27 EDT 2009

In a private email to Ketil Malde, I said that Ocaml programmers use the preprocessor to solve the problem of character encoding:

ocamlopt -pp myfilter.exe myprogram.ml -o myoutput.exe

I wonder whether a similar solution could be used with Haskell. I am new to Haskell, but I suppose that Haskell may accept something like

ghc -pgmF myfilter.exe myprogram.hs --make

If the answer is yes, what should I substitute for myfilter.exe?