[Haskell-cafe] Re: CComplex in jhc (was: Word128, Word256)

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 22:24:39 EDT 2009

 >>> Something like 'CComplex CDouble' has been proposed before...

 >> 2) Since all (few) answers were favorable, should I ask for a
 >> ticket to be created? How?

 > Well, before trying to get it standardized, you need to get it
 > implemented and tested by at least one compiler to explore the
 > design space and tradeoffs. I would happily accept any patches
 > into jhc that a support for such types, I don't even think it
 > would be that difficult to do.

One should say jhc code is really clear. It's the first compiler
code I try to read and for a moment I actually believed I could
write the patch :)

Below is my completely naive attempt. If you want to tell me
where to go from here, I'll try. (For instance: how do I get
'rt_bits_double_complex_' to exist.) However, I think this is far
beyond my skills...

Thanks for your thoughts,
Maurício

--------

hunk ./src/DataConstructors.hs 927
-    (tc_World__,  "void")
+    (tc_World__,  "void"),
+
+    (tc_CFComplex, "float complex"),
+    (tc_CDComplex, "double complex"),
+    (tc_CLDComplex, "long double complex")
hunk ./src/data/names.txt 21
+
+CFComplex  Foreign.C.Types.CFComplex
+CDComplex  Foreign.C.Types.CDComplex
+CLDComplex Foreign.C.Types.CLDComplex
+
hunk ./src/data/primitives.txt 24
-#Jhc.Float.Float, fbits<float>, float, FLT_MAX, FLT_MIN
-#Jhc.Float.Double, fbits<double>, float, DBL_MAX, DBL_MIN
+Jhc.Float.Float, fbits<float>, float, FLT_MAX, FLT_MIN
+Jhc.Float.Double, fbits<double>, float, DBL_MAX, DBL_MIN
hunk ./src/data/primitives.txt 43
+Foreign.C.Types.CFComplex, ubits<float complex>, float, 0, 0
+Foreign.C.Types.CDComplex, ubits<double complex>, float, 0, 0
+Foreign.C.Types.CLDComplex, ubits<long double complex>, float, 0, 0