[Haskell-cafe] unix pkg on cygwin

Ben Fitzgerald benfitzg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 06:37:29 EDT 2009

Hi

just starting out on haskell so thought I'd try and install a few packages.

from unix-2.3.2.0:

$ runhaskell Setup.hs configure

checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating unix.buildinfo
config.status: creating include/HsUnixConfig.h
Setup.hs: Missing dependency on a foreign library:
* Missing header file: HsUnix.h
* Missing C library: dl
This problem can usually be solved by installing the system package that
provides this library (you may need the "-dev" version). If the library is
already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the flags
--extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where it is.

The file is part of the pkg I'm trying to build:

$ find . -name HsUnix.h
./include/HsUnix.h

I would not expect to have to include $CWD/include normally when building a
pkg but even using --extra-include-dirs does not work.

I've followed the setup guide here:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/Windows/Cygwin

Any help appreciated!

Regards,