[Haskell-cafe] FW: Free Pizza, C++, and Haskell

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:42:14 EDT 2009

Nice article from Bartosz , thanks for sharing this.

The best comment (and oh so true IMO) on his article is:

"I agree, however, a little more familiarity than that may result in
the desire never to see another line of C++ again, so you have to be
careful."

Although learning Haskell improved my programming skills greatly, it
also took away some of the "joy" I had in other programming languages
like C++. C# 3.0 & 4.0 are the exception, it offers just the right
balance for me (maybe F# or Scala too, I don't have enough experience
with those). Maybe because Haskell had a fair bit of influence on C#?
At least that's what I could make out of this very enjoyable video of
Eric Meijer (http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/Going+Deep/Expert-to-Expert-Brian-Beckman-and-Erik-Meijer-Inside-the-NET-Reactive-Framework-Rx/)