[Haskell-cafe] What's this pattern called?

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Thu Oct 22 04:07:26 EDT 2009

Hi Martijn,

On Oct 22, 2009, at 9:47 AM, Martijn van Steenbergen wrote:

> I've heard fixed-point view, open datatypes and some others, but I'm  
> curious where this pattern comes up in literature and what it is  
> called there.

Tim Sheard and Emir Pasalic call this technique "two-level types" in  
their JFP'04 paper Two-Level Types and Parameterized Modules:



Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list