[Haskell-cafe] pretty printing with comments

Pasqualino "Titto" Assini tittoassini at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:55:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

there is also another difference:

type URL= String

was a top level definition but it has been moved under the previous
instance declaration.

I attach a source fragment and another file with the pretty printed
output containing these three errors.

Regarding the problem of pretty printing while keeping the comments I
imagine that you would like the comments to be associated with the
previous syntactical element (module, top level declaration or
expression) and be rendered in the same relative position in the
pretty printed output.

I agree that it doesn't sound like an easy task.

However, similar systems exists for most languages (I loved my Java
reformatter in Eclipse) and it would be very handy in Haskell as well.

Best,

             titto

--
Pasqualino "Titto" Assini, Ph.D.