[Haskell-cafe] pretty printing with comments

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 12:51:13 EDT 2009

Hi again,

> However:
> - The source code produced was incorrect:
>

> class Dir d where
>
> was rewritten as:
>
> class Dir dwhere{

That's weird, I'll look into it, thanks.

> instance Dir Directory where
>  localDir (Local f) = return f
>
> type URL= String
>

> was rewritten as:
>

> instance Dir Directory where
>  localDir (Local f) = return f
>
>  typeURL= String

Sorry, I don't see the difference between these two. Did you write the
correct one twice by mistake?

> Are these known bugs?

No, there are no known bugs so please report everything you find!
exactPrint is new and most likely sparsely used as of yet. I'd expect
there to be a few bugs lying around here and there, and I appreciate
all reports!

> - Also, the printing is a bit too exact :-), I would like to keep my
> comments AND get the code nicely reformatted.
>
> Is there a way?

No. Like Lennart points out that's a really difficult problem, not to
say impossible, where do you place the comments after reformatting?

Cheers,

/Niklas