[Haskell-cafe] ANN: strptime bindings

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 08:01:49 EDT 2009

Hi all.
I had to parse dates from bytestrings efficiently and tried to use the
parsedate library, but I had to port it to parsec3 to make it usable
with bytestrings, and I could not get decent performance out of the
resulting version due to ghc having difficulties with parsec3's
generality, so I wrote bindings to strptime.

Here they are: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/strptime

They work for Strings and strict and lazy bytestrings. They are
several orders of magnitude faster than parsedate and than
Data.Time.readTime,parseTime (a program that ran in 40s with parsec3'd
parsedate runs in less than 1s).

--
Eugene Kirpichov
Web IR developer, market.yandex.ru