[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell-beginners] map question

Will Ness will_n48 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 18 18:47:00 EDT 2009

Gregory Propf <gregorypropf <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> I actually meant it as sort of a joke but maybe it's not after all.

Seriously though, using anything non-ASCII in source code is a bad idea,
because there are lots of fonts and editors in the world.

It seems natural to me to have (`-`2) stand for (flip (-) 2), if only that
would be made legal syntax, just as (`foldl`0) stands for (flip (foldl) 0).

Supposedly there is no reason to write (`:`[]) since ":" is already an infix
operator, but making it a no-op wouldn't hurt, and would give us a benefit of
being able finally to write the binary-minus flip-section in a visually
apparent way.