[Haskell-cafe] Documentation (was: ANN: text 0.5, a major revision of the Unicode text library)

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Sun Oct 18 10:25:00 EDT 2009

Hi John,

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 14:58, John Lato wrote:

> For anyone writing introductions to generic programming, take this as
> a plea from Haskellers everywhere.  If one of the RWH authors can't
> understand how to make use of these techniques, what hope do the rest
> of us have?

I would like to help you with this problem, though with a different library.
You can find EMGM [1] on Hackage. If you have a problem with the
documentation there, please let me know. I would consider it a bug. To
understand it, however, you should consider reading the tech report
"Libraries for Generic Programming in Haskell" [2], an extended version of
an article in a recently published collection of lecture notes from the 2008
Advanced Functional Programming Summer School [3].

  [1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/emgm
  [2] http://www.cs.uu.nl/research/techreps/UU-CS-2008-025.html
  [3] http://www.springerlink.com/content/978-3-642-04651-3

I agree that a lot more documentation could help, but I hope this helps.

Regards,
Sean