[Haskell-cafe] Genuine Need For Persistent Global State?

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Fri Oct 16 15:29:53 EDT 2009

StablePtrs are relatively easy to use, and have precisely the guarantees
you need -- the state can be passed to C and recovered. Any use of
IORefs that will scale past more than one state object will
essentially duplicate the stable pointer functionality.

They're a reasonable choice.

-- Don

jvranish: