[Haskell-cafe] Why there is not standard Monoid instance for ZipList a?

Job Vranish jvranish at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 08:56:28 EDT 2009

Nope,
Other than possibly adding library clutter.

I have a package that provides many instances and common functions for
ZipLists. Eventually I might stick it on hackage, but currently it's here:
http://github.com/jvranish/ZipList

I really with there was a way to switch Applicative (or other) instances for
list (or other) types.
Then we wouldn't have this problem.

- Job