[Haskell-cafe] Re: Best Editor In Windows

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Thu Oct 15 21:30:20 EDT 2009

In my humble opinion, one of the best editors for development of all
time is Leo:

	http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/front.html

Leo takes the idea of "code folding" and gives you complete control
over it.  That is, unlike other editors which only let you fold the
code inside if/while/for/etc. statements and which only show you an
outline consisting of a level for files and a level for function, Leo
lets you structure the levels of your outline arbitrarily so that you
can "fold" arbitrary chunks of code and do things like grouping
together functions and files with a similar purpose or
implementation.  By structuring your code as an outline, you make it
easier for others and yourself both to navigate through the code and
also to see at a glance the high-level structure.

Anyway, just wanted to use this opportunity to plug my favorite
tool.  :-)  The downside about it is that the implementation sometimes
feels a bit slow and clunky, so part of me really hopes that at the
very least people will learn enough about this tool to take its ideas
and steal them for other editors!

Cheers,
Greg