[Haskell-cafe] GHC devs

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 15 13:52:27 EDT 2009

Don Stewart wrote:
> bulat.ziganshin:
>
>> Hello Andrew,
>>
>> Thursday, October 15, 2009, 12:54:37 AM, you wrote:
>>

>>> Does anybody actually "get paid" to develop GHC? Or is this all people
>>>
>> SPJ, SM and Ian are paid by MS Research. Other people involved in core
>> development are mainly scientists (afaik)

Perhaps these are the "three people" the speaker was referring to then.

Seems like there are plenty of other people involved though...

> Besides MSR and the university groups, the IHG funds Well-Typed to do
> development, as well.

...not least of all these. ;-) But still, it seems the total GHC
manpower effort is significantly smaller than I imagined. (Which just
makes it more impressive that GHC is so good...)

Ah, MSR, the only known Haskell-related enterprise based in the UK.
Sometimes I have these delusions that I should go ever there and see if
they'll hire me...