[Haskell-cafe] Parsec bug, or...?

Uwe Hollerbach uhollerbach at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:58:21 EDT 2009

Hi, all, thanks for the further inputs, all good stuff to think
about... although it's going to be a little while before I can
appreciate the inner beauty of Doaitse's version! :-) I had considered
the approach of doing a post-parsec verification, but decided I wanted
to keep it all inside the parser, hence the desire to match prefixes
there (and lack of desire to write 'string "p" <|> string "pr" <|>
string "pre" ...'.

By way of background, the actual stuff I'm wanting to match is not
food names, but some commands for a small ledger program I'm working
on. I needed something like that and was tired of losing data to
quicken every so often. I realize of course that there are other
excellent ledger-type programs out there, but hey, I also needed
another hacking project. I'll put this onto hackage in a while, once
it does most of the basics of what I need. No doubt the main
differentiator between mine and those other excellent ledger programs
out there will be that mine has fewer features and more bugs...

thanks again, all!

Uwe