[Haskell-cafe] MTL vs Transformers?

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Mon Oct 12 21:31:09 EDT 2009

Ugh, I'm not as sure about that...  it took me long enough just to
figure out "ghc-pkg hide transformers"!  :-)

Are running into problems because you need to refer to both packages
(e.g., mtl and transformers) within your code, or because you are
using packages that refer to each?  Because as long as you only need
to refer to one of them in your own code, GHC should be able to handle
the dependencies for the other packages correctly.  (Hiding the
package only removes it from being automatically imported by your own
code, it doesn't prevent it from being used by other packages that
link to it.)

Cheers,
Greg