[Haskell-cafe] Market Place for Haskell development teams?

John A. De Goes john at n-brain.net
Thu Oct 8 11:50:56 EDT 2009

I don't dismiss Haskell in business. I only maintain it's a niche
market.

There are some domains where the infrastructure in more established
languages is minimal, and in such cases, I think Haskell can be more
efficient than those languages.

> I should note, too, the the agile development momement over the past
> ten years has had and still does have exactly the same sort of attacks
> on it, and yet has successfully moved into the mainstream and is
> well-accepted by many parts of it.

What has moved into mainstream is unfortunately connected chiefly to
agile by virtue of the word itself. Agile means more than getting
software out the door quickly, a fact many businesses have yet to learn.

Regards,

John A. De Goes
N-Brain, Inc.
The Evolution of Collaboration