[Haskell-cafe] Re: What *is* a DSL?

John Van Enk vanenkj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:00:16 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Ben Franksen

> But isn't one of the advantages of an _E_DSL that we can use the host
> language (Haskell) as a meta or macro language for the DSL?

Substantially so. I've used brief examples where the EDSL syntax is
basically the data declaration (perhaps with some operators overloading
constructors) to demonstrate Haskell's fitness as a host language for EDSLs.

This is also a credit to the expressiveness of Haskell's data declarations.