[Haskell-cafe] Cabal - how do I remove a package?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:40:44 EDT 2009

2009/10/6 John Van Enk <vanenkj at gmail.com>:
> Are you actually trying to remove the bits from the hard drive, or is that
> something to fix a different problem you're having. If it's a different
> problem, perhaps you could ask that as well?

Yes, I'm trying to remove the bits from the disk.

I did a cabal install --user mersenne-random and I now want to get rid of it.

If you're asking why I don't just leave the files there as they aren't
doing any harm, let's just say I don't want to leave clutter round on
my disk. Places like the APPDATA folder accumulate enough junk on
their own without stuff getting left there just because an application
doesn't clean up after itself properly (that's not a dig at Haskell,
loads of programs do that :-()

Paul.