[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell Platform - changing the global install dir

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 04:05:27 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com>
> The "ugliness" (a bad word, I agree) was the need to change multiple
> items - (at least) 2 places in the config file and (presumably) the
> PATH entry.
>
> Is that all I need to change?

I'm not a Cabal expert, but it looks like you could just change the
"user-install" setting to True (and alter the PATH variable
accordingly) to achieve what you want.

> OK. But given that I said "install Haskell" in *this* location, I sort
> of expected all my Haskell stuff to go there.

You have a point, maybe we'll change this in the next release. I've
filed a ticket [1].

[1] http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/97