[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANN: NoSlow - Microbenchmarks for array libraries

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Nov 27 15:45:51 EST 2009

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009, Roman Leshchinskiy wrote:

> It compiles and runs (using Brian's criterion) a fairly random collection of very small loop kernels for each of those and produces a lot of data which it then uses to generate ugly HTML tables. In the future, it will have more benchmarks, more complex benchmarks and much prettier tables.
>
> You can get more information (including the ugly tables) from my blog
>
>  http://unlines.wordpress.com/2009/11/27/noslow
>
> and NoSlow itself from Hackage
>
>  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/NoSlow

Is there also a darcs repository?

I want to note, that storablevector requires Quickcheck only for tests. In
the darcs repository, this is better handled by the Cabal file:
    http://code.haskell.org/storablevector/
  There you get the dependency on QuickCheck (1) only when building with
buildTests flag set.

  Now I have to get NoSlow running, but surprisingly it needs cairo and
gtk, which I assume are not so easy to install.