[Haskell-cafe] GLFW Textures (bloxorz)

Paul L ninegua at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 13:23:20 EST 2009

strangely I don't get this behavior. I'm also running GHC 6.10.4 on
Linux, Are you sure that your system GL driver handles double
buffering correctly?

BTW, "cabal install bloxorz" fails to compile due to some type
mismatch between GLfloat and Float. But once this is fixed, everything
compiles and runs smoothly.

One thing you might look into though, is to get glfw-2.6 C library
from http://glfw.sourceforge.net/, and see if running its sample
programs produces correct result. If they do, you can install the
dynamically linked glfw C library system wide, and re-install GLFW
haskell library using "cabal install GLFW --flags=dynamic". This will
tell GLFW to dynamically link with system glfw.so instead of compiling
a static version on its own.

On 11/27/09, jean legrand <kkwweett at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi Haskellers,
> I have two issues with the bloxorz game (current version bloxorz-0.1 on
> hackage). Perhaps they're mutually related. You tell me.
>
> First, it seems that there is no refresh on the successive block positions.
> Look at
>
> http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5945/bloxissue1.png
>
> to see what I mean.
>
> Second, any resize gives me a black window. Everything else is fine (levels,
> game rules, keys ...)
>
> To produce the exe, I did :
> ghc --make -O2 -o bloxorz Main.hs
>
> and, as I think it deals with the textures, here is what I get with ghci :
>
> and I use GHC6.10.4 with Kubuntu 9.10.
> Any ideas ?

Regards,
Paul Liu