[Haskell-cafe] separate cabal installations on separate machines

Brian Denheyer briand at aracnet.com
Thu Nov 26 13:37:23 EST 2009

Hello,

I have server where my home directory resides.

I use cabal from (at least) two machines with different processors
(i386, powerpc) and the common home directory.

I noticed that there is a --global option which does the right thing
and places the installs in /usr/local, but it looks like it still
stores some info, particularly about configuration state, in
/home/${USER}/.cabal.

How do I invoke cabal to make sure that the entire installation is
machine specific ?

Thanks,

Brian