[Haskell-cafe] HOpenGL and freeglut rendering problems

Eitan Goldshtrom thesourceofx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:45:21 EST 2009

Hello. I'm new to this mailing list, so I apologize if this question is
inappropriate for this list, but I've been looking for a solution to
this problem for weeks and I've had no luck.

I am trying to write a program with HOpenGL and freeglut, but I can't
seem to get it to render. I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on a DELL 1555 with an
ATI Radeon HD 4500. Right now my program just creates a window with a
black background. However, when I try to run the program I get the
following error:

"Unable to create direct context rendering for window 'IGL'
This may hurt performance."

I've read that this is because of the fglrx driver. The driver uses
indirect rendering for OpenGL, but freeglut requires direct rendering?
Is there a way to force freeglut to function with indirect rendering?

-Eitan