[Haskell-cafe] Re: Idea for a very simple GUI llibrary

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 05:37:30 EST 2009

 > Nice idea. I will try it if you write runGUI :-)

Sure, just let me know :)

If this is to be done, I think it's better that the person writing
the Haskell code do not write runGUI, so the implementation
details wouln't discourage ideas that make life easier for users.

 > This is an imperative style library. For more Haskellian GUI
 > library ideas, see Fruit (http://www.haskell.org/fruit/) and TVs
 > (http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/TV). They may not pass the
 > "builds" constraint :-P

I do remember looking at TVs and also Fudgets as sugested by
Keith.

But there's a unfilled hole for a library that's conceptually
simple. I believe that with the library I described users
(begginers in Haskell?) could even use QuickCheck and HUnit with
their GUI code.

Thanks for your comments,
Maurício