[Haskell-cafe] What's wrong with code.haskell.org ?

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Sun Nov 22 20:12:49 EST 2009

>> code.h.o and community.h.o have rather flaky hosting, and have been
>> going down often recently.

Yes, we know that code/community.h.o can be somewhat flaky.  However,
it does claim to have been up continuously for the last 79 days.  I
suspect it is that (a) the service daemons occasionally die for no
obvious reason, or (b) some users are running processes that sometimes
hog the CPU, memory, or network bandwidth.

>> They have hardware problems - dying HDs and such.

No, that is a different machine: hackage/darcs.h.o.  A new server is
on order, but we do not yet have a delivery date.

Regards,
     Malcolm