[Haskell-cafe] Re: Wiki software?

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 12:56:13 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This doesn't surprise me; but how much slower are we talking?
>
> If it's not at the point that a browser of a Gitit wiki could notice
> the difference, then it seems to me that the dep ought to be loosened:
> the parsec/quickcheck/base diamond dependency problem is one of the
> worst ones a user can run into, the hardest to resolve, and one that
> can arise in the course of ordinary safe use of Haskell.

Running 'pandoc --strict' over the Markdown readme.text takes:

~0.09s with pandoc built against parsec-2
~0.19s with pandoc built against parsec-3

on my machine.

I have a branch of parsec-3 which seems to brings us back to parsec-2
numbers, but also fails the rst-reader test-case in the pandoc testing
suite:

http://community.haskell.org/~aslatter/code/parsec/cps

Antoine