[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: feldspar-language

Tom Hawkins tomahawkins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 01:31:35 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:14 AM, Warren Henning
<warren.henning at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting to see actual generated code.
>
> Is this like code generation systems for database applications where
> you stick stuff into string templates (e.g., a generator in Ruby on
> Rails), or is it actually compiling an embedded domain specific
> language?

Atom is not a macro expansion language by any stretch.  It does let
you write primitive actions as C strings, but the core of the language
is based on GADTs and type classes.  In fact, the example I posted
contained no custom primitive actions; the C code was rendered purely
from the core datatypes.