[Haskell-cafe] If you haven't bought any of Knuth's fascicles yet, this is definitely the one to get. Bitwise Tricks & Techniques

Casey Hawthorne caseyh at istar.ca
Wed Nov 18 18:22:53 EST 2009

If you haven't bought any of Knuth's fascicles yet, this is definitely
the one to get.

"The Art of Computer Programming: Volume 4
Bitwise Tricks & Techniques
Binary Decision Diagrams"
Fascicle 1
Donald E. Knuth
2009

Describes basic "broadword" operations and an important class of data
structures that can make computer programs run dozens - even thousands
- of times faster.

I started a Haskell program using bitwise operations and then
discarded them thinking them to low level.

I think one of the dangers of Haskell, is that I get carried away with
medium and high level abstractions and think "everything" MUST be done
that way.

:)
--
Regards,