[Haskell-cafe] Simple hash table creation

michael rice nowgate at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 17:28:26 EST 2009

Hi Bulat,

I was just looking for a simple hashing function. I was going to use the length function but a constant int is even simpler.  I'm supposing that had I used the length function "mike" and "fred" would end up in the same bucket.

This is the first time I've tried to do anything in Haskell with data structures other than lists, so I needed to see how things work.

Thanks, everyone, for the help.

Michael