[Haskell-cafe] attoparsec and parsec

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sat Nov 14 18:12:36 EST 2009

Hi.

I'm writing a generic log parsing package, and I'm serching a parser
combinators library.

Parsing log files is a simple task, so I would like to use the more
efficient solution.

I have looked at attoparsec source code, and it seems very specialized
for lazy bytestrings parsing, so I assume it is very efficient.

How stable is the attoparsec package?
How much more efficient is attoparsec than standard packages like parsec?

By the way: there seem to be problems with generated documentation in
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/attoparsec.

Moreover, there is a similar package:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/bytestringparser

what is the status of this package?
It has the same API of attoparsec, but its older.
However there is no indication that this package is deprecated in favor
of attoparsec.

Thanks  Manlio Perillo