[Haskell-cafe] Re: Weird dependency failure log

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 17:47:08 EST 2009

 >>  > Header files are associated with a library.
 >>  > If there is no library then nothing gets
 >>  > registered. This is by design.

 >>  > If it's not a library, nothing can depend on
 >>  > it.

 >> But please tell me then where my package fits.

 > I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you
 > clarify what you mean.

Well, you said that if it's not a library, it
can't have dependencies, and my package is not
a library and does have dependencies. Maybe it
should not be a package at all, but then I would
not know a safe way to distribute it without
breaking packages when something changes.

I inserted a dummy module so that the package is
accepted as a dependency. But I'm not sure this is
appropriate.

Thanks,
Maurício