[Haskell-cafe] Re: Writing great documentation

Max Rabkin max.rabkin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:20:55 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Simon Michael <simon at joyful.com> wrote:
> A very common problem with online docs is fragmentation.

Absolutely! Is it possible to include non-haddock documentation in a
cabal package. Is it possible to have it readable on Hackage? I think
this would help with the fragmentation and versioning issues.

One option is to have haddock-only modules for non-reference
documentation (xmonad-contrib does this), and I think at the moment it
is a good option, but it does have disadvantages. It may not be clear
from the outline where documentation can be found, and it clutters up
the module namespace. Perhaps we could add support for a
Documentation-Modules field in cabal files, which would separate these
modules in the outline, and not install them but only their
documentation.

--Max