[Haskell-cafe] Re: Weird dependency failure log

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 12:53:22 EST 2009

 >>> This is a package with no library and no executables. That's
 >>> not supposed to work.

 >> Why shouldn't this be supposed to work? It does install needed
 >> files (two include files for hsc2hs), and they do stand for
 >> themselves to justify a package of its own.

 > Header files are associated with a library. If there is no
 > library then nothing gets registered. This is by design.

Doesn't Cabal option 'install-includes' contradicts that?

 > If it's not a library, nothing can depend on it.

But please tell me then where my package fits. Many libraries I
wrote and use depend heavily on it. Versioning in this package is
extremely important, as a change in design for any macro would
change all names in depending libraries.

Thanks,
Maurício