[Haskell-cafe] Re: Opinion about JHC

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Nov 13 06:07:53 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 09:20:54PM +0100, Gour wrote:
> John> Yup. This was a major goal. compiling for iPhones and embedded
> John> arches is just as easy assuming you have a gcc toolchain set up.
> John> (at least with the hacked iPhone SDK.. I have never tried it with
> John> the official one)
>
> Is there any info whether it works on maemo platform?

Indeed, in fact it has worked for the maemo platform in the past I know
because I tested with it once. I have not tested it in a long time, but
now there is a cross compilation framework so it should be easier. there
is a section in the manual on cross-compilation on how to set up new
target platforms, basically all it involves is pointing jhc at the right
gcc toolchain.

        John