[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: (Solved) cabal install with external gcc tool chain not the ghc-bundled one

Daniel Kahlenberg d.kahlenberg at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 12 04:46:33 EST 2009

to answer this question myself how the use of another gcc is specified
with effect, I used the following options with the 'cabal install' call:

 --ghc-options="-pgmc e:/programme/ghc/mingw-gcc4/bin/gcc.exe -pgml
e:/programme/ghc/mingw-gcc4/bin/gcc.exe"

See
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/options-phases.html#replacing-phases
(searched in the wrong direction, too many trees...). Slightly tuned,
this should be the way to go in all similar cases.

One thing I haven't considered yet is if the '--with-ld' and
'--with-gcc' options (if curious too, see logs in my previous mail -
Subject "[Haskell-cafe] caba install with external gcc toolchain not the
ghc-bundled one") only effect what gets written into the
setup-config/package.conf file or what other effects these have.

Greets
Daniel