[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle is great but ...

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 14:25:39 EST 2009

Following up on this rather old thread, if you want to see a module
which has lots of input/output example pairs, and properties, in the
documentation then look at filepath (hoogle for takeExtension as an
example). These properties are also automatically transformed in to
test cases, so filepath has good documentation and good test coverage
all in one, plus the documentation is actually checked for
correctness. I think more libraries should do this - so I challenge
someone to write the definitive "tests and assertions in code" package
for Haskell.

And it's nice to hear that Hoogle is great :-)

Thanks, Neil