[Haskell-cafe] Working with multiple projects

Sönke Hahn shahn at cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 11 11:21:30 EST 2009

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 08:23:53 am Tony Morris wrote:
> I have two projects that I intend to put on hackage soon. One depends
> on the other. I have "cabaled" both. I am wondering how others work
> with this kind of set up where changes are made to both libraries as
> they work.

What i did in situations like this, is the following:

If B depends on A:

1. Uninstall A (for not mistakenly link to an old version.)
2. Add the source directories of a local copy of A to the src-dirs in the
cabal file of B.
3. remove the dependency of A in the cabal file of B.

I know, that this is not very elegant, though. You end up changing your cabal
file very often :(

If you could tell cabal, which cabal file to use, the situation would be a
little better, i think.

Sönke