[Haskell-cafe] Cabal

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:23:35 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 17:40 +0000, Stephen Tetley wrote:
> 2009/11/9 Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at googlemail.com>:
>

> > That should work, and probably the recommendation should be for cygwin
> > users to edit their cabal config to at add C:\cygwin\lib and C:\cygwin
> > \usr\include as standard.
>

> Hi Duncan
>
> That would definitely be the best idea, but where does the cabal
> config live?

If you were running the current version then "cabal --help" would say.

To upgrade run:

cabal install cabal-install

Otherwise, it's somewhere like
C:\Documents and Settings\$user\Application Data\cabal\config

though on some systems (vista perhaps?) I think it's under the user's
roaming profile directory.

Duncan