[Haskell-cafe] Cabal

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:50:12 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-09 at 13:08 +0000, Stephen Tetley wrote:

> At this point I'd edit the *.cabal files in each component – this is
> not 'the done thing', but both libraries need extra flags and as I
> have to compile them rarely I tend to forget the format (which appears
> to be Windows style full paths even though you are running Cygwin).

Does it not work to say:

cabal install readline \
  --extra-lib-dirs=C:\cygwin\lib \
  --extra-include-dirs=C:\cygwin\usr\include \
  --extra-include-dirs=C:\cygwin\usr\include\readline

That should work, and probably the recommendation should be for cygwin
users to edit their cabal config to at add C:\cygwin\lib and C:\cygwin
\usr\include as standard.

Duncan