[Haskell-cafe] ANN: acme-dont

Gracjan Polak gracjanpolak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 05:27:23 EST 2009

Hello fellow haskellers,

While reading reddit in the morning today:

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/a26fe/dont/

I was shocked and surprised to see that Haskell lacks a very important
feature present in Perl. It appeared that Haskell cannot not do
monadic actions!

I decided to act as fast as possible.

Luckily, monads enable us to create control flow constructs on
enterprise level. I'm proud to present the Acme.Dont module, that
implements the indispensable don't monadic action.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/acme-dont-1.0

With special apologies to Luke Palmer that it took the Haskell
community 7.5 years to catch up with Perl.

Thanks go to Damian Conway.

Have fun!
Gracjan