[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: NetSNMP-0.1.6

John Dorsey haskell at colquitt.org
Fri Nov 6 16:35:49 EST 2009

I'm pleased to annonce the release of NetSNMP-0.1.6, a partial (but useful)
binding to the net-snmp library.[1]

NetSNMP is a simple and self-contained client interface for doing basic SNMP
GET, NEXT, and WALK operations.  As far as I know it should work with any
version of the C library (net-snmp) from version 5.

This release improves threaded performance, and the management of foreign
memory objects.  I've been using it successfully in a threaded polling
daemon which I'm running on 32-bit and 64-bit Linux systems.

If you try out NetSNMP, or if you decide it doesn't meet your need, please
drop me a line!

Regards,
John Dorsey